Stewards of The Mysteries of God
Raising Godly Children
Scripture Reading (Deut 6:6,7. Proverbs 22:6).
- What Does the Lord say about raising children?
Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6).
- What is the fathers role in raising up Godly Children?
And ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath; but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4).
- Should parents correct their children?
The rod and reproof give wisdom; but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame (Proverbs 22;15).
- Corrections a sign of love
He that spareth the rod hatter his son, but he that liveth his son chasteneth him betimes (Proverbs 13;24)
- Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous,; nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby (Hebrews 12;11)
- Let no man despise they youth; but be thou an example of the believers in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity (1 Timothy 4;12).
- What are the duties of Children to Parents?
Honour thy father and mother (Exodus 20;12).
NOTES: Correction should never be given in anger. If a child is persistently perverse and stubborn then one must be persistent in love, reasoning and also correction. Correction should never be abusive whether verbally or physically or mentally. Shoutings is not corrective and anger is never justified, but discipline by the disciplined parent is good and correction by the parent who can train a child is important and above all love is the best example of guidance.
For further Study: The story of Samuel as found in (1 Sam 1). Hannah’s vow. (1 Samuel 1:8-18). Hannah gives birth to Samuel and his dedication, (1 Samuel 1;19-28). Samuels childhood ministry (1 Samuel 2;18-21) Samuels first prophecy (1 Samuel 3).
Questions to Consider: Explain the legacy of Samuel as found in 1 Samuel 3;19.
Literature: Pauls EBooks on Amazon.
Produced by Paul B Thomas and image Breakers
This post has already been read 24 times!